The Los Angeles Economic and Workforce Development Department (EWDD) offers financing and technical assistance programs that promote business growth and job creation throughout Los Angeles. EWDD offers a series of programs specifically developed and geared towards business owners and developers. One of the main avenues for support are the nine BusinessSource Centers, which provide free services such as one-on-one consulting and business plan development to prospective and existing business owners. Other services offered by the Department include financing opportunities, technical assistance and workforce development. Through these services, EWDD strives to help local businesses grow, provide living wage jobs for L.A. workers and deliver high quality goods to Angelenos.
Key programs that the Economic Workforce Development Department (EWDD) offers business owners include:
- BusinessSource Centers: free one-on-one consulting for business owners and start ups
- Tax Incentives & Credits -Small Business Loan Programs
- Rapid Response Program: support for employees in the case of a business closure or staff reduction
- WorkSource and YouthSource Centers: free resources for employee hiring and workforce development
- Review of EB-5 Visa applications
Address (please see website for additional field locations, including BusinessSource Centers):