Business owners frequently interface with the Los Angeles Department of Building and Safety (LADBS) for building permits and inspections. Staff at LADBS advise, guide and assist customers to achieve compliance with building, zoning, plumbing, mechanical, electrical, disabled access, energy, and green codes and local and state laws to build safe, well, and fast.
- Enforces the Los Angeles building code to ensure that buildings are safe for employees and patrons
- Issues permits that allow building, renovation, repairs and demolition
- Conducts inspections to ensure construction and renovation work was completed properly and safely
Key programs that LADBS offers business owners include:
- Concierge Program
- Restaurant and Hospitality Express Program
- Preliminary Plan Check
- Parallel Design - Permitting Process
- Development Services Case Management
- Inspection Case Management
Address (please see website for additional field offices):
201/221 N. Figueroa St.
Los Angeles, CA 90012
Department of Building and Safety